past blogs

Thursday, January 29, 2009

some new stuff

Hi friends! I've gotten asked by several of you about what's going on in my world as of late, so I figured I probably should start being a better blogger. :O) That means...duh duh duh...update time. And then, hopefully, I will get back on the blogging bandwagon. So, here goes.

As you know (or hopefully know?), I moved to Maryland at the end of the summer following my 2 month stint in Uganda. I won't bore you with those details (the Maryland details), but let's just say...it's not for me. So, I am in the process of moving back to Nashville. I'm anticipating making the move in the month of March, but not quite sure exactly WHEN...probably towards the end of the month.

I've already found a GREAT place to live in East Nashville...just have to work out those pesky details such as figuring out how to afford two rents at the same time for a couple of months, leaving my job here, finding a job in Nashville, and moving all my crap across country once again. But, if you know me, you know I'm up for the challenge. Although not exactly happy and/or excited about the move itself since I just moved. SUPER excited to get back to Nashville, though!

My current work already knows I am going to be moving and has been incredible about giving me the time to figure things out. So, I am now just trying to figure out how to get a job in Nashville in this wrecked economy. (If you have any suggestions, I'm all ears!). I could most definitely use your prayers as I walk through this crazy time. Personally, it's been a very challenging time. But, I realize that God is bigger than the small things going on in my life and I am continually reminded of His grace and provision...and joy.

One of the coolest things about this past month is the amount of time I have been able to spend with my family. I realize that I may never have the opportunity to spend this amount of time with my parents again and it's been really fun. Having the new puppy has made my life crazy, as well, but it has forced me to depend on others for help, which I'm not always excited to do. So, I wouldn't trade this time for anything.

Anyway, that's the somewhat quick update. Moving to Nashville, need a job, if you want to send money, I'm ok with that. Haha. :O)

Obviously, as I get more things figured out, I will keep you posted!

No comments: