past blogs

Thursday, October 16, 2008

something really cool.

In a couple of weeks, I will be back in Atlanta (yippee! I will get my dog back!) for work and play. It's great that I can visit Atlanta now for work...although a bit weird?!

Anyway, tangent. So, I will be back in Atlanta. While I'm there, I am going to be taking part in a 3 day Refugee Simulation through World Relief. Our Atlanta office has been running these for a few years and I've heard really great things about them. Basically, it allows the participant to step in the shoes (as much as can be possible) of a refugee resettling in the U.S. We will essentially be refugees for 3 days. We will be treated as refugees, eat as refugees, and live with refugee families. SIGN ME UP. I am not naive and know that I'm not going to be staying at the Hilton and getting room service, but I am very anxious to walk the path of another. After working with refugees in Nashville and being in Africa this past year, I know the situations and conditions that many face when relocating to our country. It will be good to see it again, though, and LEARN how we can make this process easier. How we can serve our brothers and sisters better...love them better...care for them better. Sometimes all it takes is someone saying, "I know how you feel. Let's figure this out."

So, I can't wait to figure it out.

Anyone in Atlanta wanna join in? It costs a little bit of money, but would be completely worth it. Just let me know.


No comments: